Sunday, March 27, 2022

The Final Stretch to a New Beginning

It has been a little over three months since my first post where I invited you to join me in my journey to represent you on the Howard-Suamico school board. As I've said since Day 1, I entered this race because I have a unique skillset but more importantly, I have a tireless work ethic and a passion for learning. For every sign you see around the district, each represents a 30-to-45-minute conversation with neighbors, fellow parents, and residents in this community.

I lead by example. If you were to talk to my friends, family, co-workers, or anyone that knows me, you may hear words like dependable, hard-working, well-rounded, positive, determined, and passionate. I quietly go about my work but am unafraid to stand up for my beliefs and convictions.

I’ve seen a lot of talk about political affiliations. I fully understand why and welcome that conversation but saying something is political doesn’t make it so. My conservative roots are one of my many attributes, equally important as my 10-year military career, master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, and most importantly being a parent in our school district, for example.

But let's not forget, this race is about our children's education. Let's not forget the two-year disruption to their education, the scope of which goes far beyond the arbitrary mitigation strategies. In order for our community to succeed, we need our schools open for in-person learning and we must bridge the communication gaps that exist. It starts with your vote on April 5th.

I put together this map to help you find your polling location. If you don’t know your ward, visit myvote.wi.gov to find out which ward you are in.

https://batchgeo.com/map/mcguire4hssd

With that said, I’d like to thank the countless people that helped me throughout this process. I couldn’t have done it without you. My job was to introduce myself to you, gain your confidence, earn a seat on the board, and get to work on your behalf.

Special thanks to the following:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2022-23 Equalization Aid Computations for Howard-Suamico School District

I have taken the time to unpack the Equalization Aid formula. All of this data is available on the WI DPI website, but it is not easy readin...